- Booking Procedure
- Start Dates
- Booking and Costing Information
- Travel Planning
To make a reservation for Garden Route Trail follow the steps below,
- Review the suggested starting dates in the drop down lists on the 'Start Dates' tab.
- Enquire if your preferred date is available via e-mail or telephonically.
- When your preferred start date is established, confirm reservation by paying a 40% deposit and submitting a completed reservation form.
Start and finish times :
The trail starts with registration at 09h00 on Day 1 and finishes between 12h30 and 13h15 on Day 5.
Trail departure dates are determined by the tides so that the beach stages are hiked during the time of maximum low tide.
Recommended Trail starting dates till June 2013 are as follows. Use the drop down menu's to view available dates for each month:
May : June : July : August : Sept
October : : November : December
2014 Season :
Jan : Feb : March : April : May
Group Size: Groups are limited to a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 persons.
2013 Rates : 1st December 2012 to 30th November 2013 : 1-2 guests - R5950.00/person sharing; 3 - 4 guests - R5750.00/person sharing; 5-6 guests - R5500.00/persons sharing; 7 - 12 guests - R5300.00/person sharing
2014 Rates : 1st December 2013 to 30th November 2014 : 1-2 guests - R6200.00/person sharing; 3 - 4 guests - R5950.00/person sharing; 5-6 guests - R5700.00/persons sharing; 7 - 12 guests - R5450.00/person sharing
For single persons in groups less than 6 persons, there is a R250.00 supplement in addition to the above prices. Prices subject to change without notice.
Payment can be made by one or a combination of the following methods, a cheque or cash deposited directly into the account or a direct electronic transfer. Credit card payments can only be made by electronic transfer if your Internet banking allows such a transaction. Reservation Policy: A 40% deposit on confirmation of booking, balance of payment on registration.
- Less than 10 days forfeit full deposit.
- 11 to 30 days forfeit 50% of deposit.
- Location of start of trail - from Ebb and Flow Rest Camp, Wilderness Section, Garden Route National Park, Wilderness, approximately 460km (290 miles) east of Cape Town on the N2
- Closest village : Wilderness.
- Closest Town : George.
- Location ; East of George, West of Knysna
- Closest Airport to start of coastal walk - George Airport
- Airlines available : SAA, SA Airlink, Kalulu.com, 1Time
- Distance from George Airport to start point of trail : approximately 25km
- Flights from Cape Town to George Airport serviced by SAA and SA Airlink
- Flights from Johannesburg to George Airport serviced by SAA, SA Airlink, Nationwide, 1 Time, Mango and Kulula.com .
- Approximate self drive time from Cape Town to Wilderness - 4.5 to 5 hours
- Car Rental - SELECT FROM A WIDE RANGE OF CARS
- Bus services to George or Wilderness from Cape Town - Grey Hound and Intercape .
- Taxi services between George Airport and Wilderness : Zeelie taxi - 044 876 6707; Barnardt Taxi - 072 268 5043 (approx cost of R150.00 per trip)
- Shuttle service from either Cape Town or George to Wilderness - Kontours : Mobile - +2782 569 8997, website - www.kontours.co.za
- Pre Trail Accommodation: Self catering - Wilderness National Park : B&B - Mont Fleur B&B and Interlaken B&B
- Travel precautions for Mozambique
- Park entrance fees - The Garden Route is endowed with more than 8 sections of nature reserves managed by Cape Nature and SANParks. Each reserve has an entrance fee. If you plan to to spend time in the Garden Route visiting the various reserves available, it is financially worthwhile considering purchasing a Wild Card, either online or from a SANParks office.
If your travel plans are focused around Cape Town and the 500km distance to the Garden Route is too far, consider the following series of 2.5 day trails on offer from the Cape West Coast Biosphere Trails for a power nature break.